Approved Rates and Fees for 2024 and 2025
EMWD is a government agency that provides services based on the actual cost of operation and maintenance. The EMWD Board of Directors adopts a biennial operating budget that goes into effect on July 1, each year. Part of that process is setting rates. One of EMWD’s critical business objectives is to keep costs, and therefore rates, as low as possible for all customers.
- EMWD has taken significant steps to minimize costs to ratepayers, including:
- Investments in sustainability projects such as solar energy and battery storage result in long-term cost savings and create revenue sources through the sale of energy credits.
- Expanding its local water supply portfolio, including through its Groundwater Reliability Plus program, which helps reduce the need to import more expensive water supplies.
- In 2022, securing over $100 million dollars for water and wastewater projects from state and federal funding agencies.
The approved rate increases are below the historically high Consumer Price Index inflationary figure of 8.9 percent for the Riverside-San Bernardino-Ontario area. EMWD’s rates are significantly below the United States Environmental Protection Agency’s water affordability threshold for this region and the rate increases are below the annual Consumer Price Index in Southern California.
When compared with other agencies providing similar services in the surrounding area, EMWD’s rates are consistently among the lowest.
During a public hearing on Wednesday, June 21, 2023, the EMWD Board of Directors approved water and sewer rate increases that reflect the increased costs of imported water, energy and chemicals along with rising maintenance and environmental regulatory compliance costs, as well as needed investments in technology and facilities maintenance.
The following information summarizes the approved changes to rates and fees for 2024 and 2025, when compared to 2023 rates and fees.
ResidentialWater budgets only apply to customers who are billed directly by EMWD. Sewer blocks only apply to residential customers who are on water budgets and billed directly by EMWD.
- Water and Sewer
- Fruitvale Area Water and Sewer
- Sewer Only
- Customers billed by other agencies for EMWD sewer services