Skip to main content Skip to site navigation

Commercial Project Requirements


Applying for new service when my property/new development fronts existing facilities

Information is provided to assist you in acquiring domestic water and/or sewer service connections from existing EMWD facilities for your commercial/industrial project. Please note that this does not include the time frame involved and additional conditions of approval for projects requiring construction of facilities before service connections.

  • Lead Times (updates coming soon…please check back)
  • Charges, Deposits, and Sample Calculations (update coming soon…please check back)
    • Water Financial Participation Charges
    • Sewer Financial Participation Charges
    • Other Charges
  • Financial Participation Charges FAQs (update coming soon…please check back)
  • Special Requirements
    • Annexation – Properties that are outside the current District boundaries that desire service from EMWD must apply for annexation. Contracts Department review and EMWD Board approval must be obtained before filing with Local Agency Formation Commission can be started. Resolutions and other proceedings follow approval.
    • Backflow Devices – All commercial domestic and landscape water meters will require installation of an EMWD approved reduced pressure backflow prevention assembly which is to be installed by the applicant and is subject to testing and inspection by EMWD Backflow Department.
    • Pre-construction Meeting – Any water service connections or sewer lateral connections to existing facilities which are installed by applicant/applicant’s contractor (must meet licensing requirements) will require a pre-construction meeting prior to any work being performed with follow up site inspections. Pre-construction meetings are to be scheduled through EMWD Field Services department with proceeding inspections to be scheduled and performed by EMWD’s Inspection department.
    • Request for Private Water/Sewer Onsite Systems- Such requests will require special conditions of approval from EMWD. A “Hold Harmless Agreement” will also be required to be executed by the landowner in the presence of a notary public.