How to Read Your Bill
Review a sample of EMWD’s billing statement to understand how to read your bill and understand your charges.
Download the Sample EMWD Billing Statement - How To Read Your Bill and scroll down for more information.
A. Summary of Charges: Any previous balance and new charges.
B. Water Usage History: How much water you’ve been using for the past 3 months.
C. Water Budget/Sewer Block Data: Based on your household size and landscape area. Sewer blocks are assigned to customers that are on water budget-based tiered rates and are billed directly by EMWD for sewer service. Block rates are as follows:
|Block||Number of People in Household||Sewer Rate Calculation|
|1||1 – 2||60% of current sewer rate|
|2||3 – 4||100% of current sewer rate|
|3||5 – 6||125% of current sewer rate|
|4||7 or more||170% of current sewer rate|
Sewer block rates only apply to customers that are on water budget-based tiered rates and are directly billed by EMWD for sewer services.
1. Customer Name and Account: Use this information to register for MyAccount.
2. Due Date: When the bill must be paid to prevent possible late fees.
3. No. of Days: The number of days in your billing period. This number is used to calculate your water budget and daily water and sewer service charges.
4. Next Read Date: When we expect to read your meter for the next billing cycle. Actual read date may vary.
5. Activity Since Last Bill: Summary of account activity since your previous bill.
6. Water Charges: Includes daily water service rate and charge, water supply and reliability projects charge, and water consumption amount, rate(s), and charge(s). Water budget customers are charged based on how much water is used in relation to their water budget.
7. Sewer Charges: Includes daily sewer service rate and sewer system capital projects fee; water budget customers that are directly billed by EMWD for sewer charges will see a sewer service charge rate that is a percentage of the daily rate according to their assigned sewer block.
8. Other Agency Charges: As a courtesy, EMWD collects charges for other agencies in your community. For example, in the cities of Perris and San Jacinto, EMWD may be billing for sewer charges. Phone numbers to call regarding these charges are printed on the back of the bill.
9. Total Amount Due: The total amount includes any previous balance and new charges.
10. Informational Messages: Are printed at the bottom of every bill, above the pay stub.
Please review additional information and policies on the back of your bill.