Youth Ecology Corps
Tap into water industry jobs. Join the Youth Ecology Corps!
EMWD has partnered with the Riverside County Workforce Investment Board, and California Family Life Center to offer the Youth Ecology Corps program. This program provides short-term job opportunities to young adults who are interested in exploring career opportunities in the water industry and related fields.
About the Program
Participants of the Youth Ecology Corps program will receive safety and ethics training; professional development workshops; introductions to EMWD staff; and tours of such facilities as a water filtration plant, regional water reclamation facility, and desalter.
EMWD provides a variety of part-time job opportunities, based on current needs and youth interest. Participants must be available mornings for 12 weeks, 20 hours each week (up to 240 hours), and must have reliable transportation to/from EMWD.
Here are some examples of available positions and designated duties:
- Office Assistants will assist EMWD staff with document sorting, scanning, and filing.
- Records Management Assistant will help with the organization and electronic storage of District files.
- Public and Governmental Affairs Assistant will learn to update the Intranet.
- Education Assistant will organize safety binders, inventory maps and supplies, and update documents.
Youth Ecology Corps participants will receive:
- Minimum Wage (up to 240 hours)
- Personal Protective Equipment, as needed, to ensure safety
- Youth Ecology Corps applicants must be:
- 18 – 24 years old
- Referred by California Family Life Center
- Interviewed and accepted by EMWD
- Able to pass a background check and drug/alcohol test
- Able to meet specific job requirements related to working schedule, location, transportation, and dress code
- Able to successfully complete safety training the first paid workday
For more information, contact the following youth opportunity center:
California Family Life Center
930 N. State Street
Hemet, CA 92543