Skip to main content Skip to site navigation

Variance Request Form


This form is intended to be used to obtain general information. 

Note: Please do not provide sensitive information such as your Social Security Number, bank account or credit card number, or information that would enable someone to access an online account such as your username and password. 

Information about how EMWD will use your information can be found within EMWD’s Privacy Policy.

This form is to request an allocation other than the standard amount EMWD uses for your type of home. If you believe you need an adjusted allocation based on the criteria listed below, you must complete and return this form. The allocation billing system is designed to serve as a tool to help you identify problems such as leaks or over-watering. Using water efficiently helps EMWD keep water rates low by reducing purchases of expensive water from outside the local area. Variances may be approved for any of the following reasons and are subject to periodic review by EMWD. 

IMPORTANT! Some variances may not be approved per EMWD’s current drought status. For more information, see EMWD’s Water Shortage Contingency Plan.

I request an adjusted water allocation for the following reason(s):

Name: John Doe / Age: 34
Name: Jane Doe / Age: 40

Temporary Household Changes (i.e. long-term guests)
Note: 30 days notice is required prior to start date of temporary request.

2. Licensed Elder or Child Care Facility (in a residential unit)
Submit a copy of facility license via email (, fax (951-928-6145), or mail (Attn: Customer Service Dept., Eastern Municipal Water District, 2270 Trumble Road, P.O. Box 8300, Perris, CA 92572-8300).

3. Medical Needs
Please download the Medical Variance Form and have it signed by your doctor before submitting to EMWD.

4. Irrigated Landscape Area

5. NEW Irrigated Landscape Area (for backyard turf grass only) 

6. Pools (Filled once every five years) Enter the number of gallons OR the length, width and average depth of the pool. 

7. Large Animals
(weighing more than 100 pounds each)

8. Other Instances:

There may be instances where an increased allocation on a permanent or temporary basis may be appropriate. If you believe that is the case, please provide the details below and submit any documentation you may have via email (, fax (951-928-6145), or mail (Attn: Customer Service Dept., Eastern Municipal Water District, 2270 Trumble Road, P.O. Box 8300, Perris, CA 92572-8300). Our Customer Service Department will contact you regarding your request within 30 business days. Please note that additional documentation may be required.

In most cases, if approved, variances will be applied starting with your next bill.

Include ext. (if application)