Water Budget Variances
EMWD’s variance process allows customers to request a water budget allocation greater than the standard amount EMWD uses for your type of home.
Variances may be approved for any of the following reasons and are subject to periodic review by EMWD.
- Residents Per Household
- Licensed Elder or Child Care Facility (in a residential unit)
- Medical Needs
- Irrigated Landscape Area
- NEW Irrigated Landscape Area
- Pools (filled once every five years)
- Click here to use a Pool Volume Calculator to estimate the number of gallons your pool holds. Then, input the number of gallons in the calculator below to estimate how many billing units it would take to fill your pool.
Pool Capacity Estimator
- Large Animals (weighing over 100 pounds each)
- Other Instances where an increased allocation on a permanent or temporary basis may be appropriate.
IMPORTANT! Some variances may not be approved depending upon EMWD’s current drought status. For more information, please review EMWD’s Water Shortage Contingency Plan.
If you believe you need an increased allocation based on the criteria listed above, please complete and return the appropriate variance form:
- Residential Accounts
In order to provide an increase to your water budget for medical needs, you will need to submit current documentation from a licensed physician stating that there is a medical necessity for an increase in your water budget.
- Landscape Only Accounts: