| To learn more about the commercial landscaping and water budget provisions,
send email to: [email protected].
EMWD encourages businesses to minimize unnecessary landscaping and requires a separate water meter and a formal water budget for any commercial landscaping over 3,000 square feet.
The requirements are detailed in ARTICLE 6 – WATER CONSERVATION of the EMWD Administrative Code. You may also want to refer to the Riverside County Planning Department's landscape review guidelines page with its list of recommended plants for Riverside County.
Commercial Rebates & Programs
A variety of rebates are offered for commercial water-saving devices including:
- Premium High-Efficiency Toilets 1.06 gallons per flush or less - $40
- Ultra Low and Zero Water Urinals - $200
- Plumbing Flow Control Valves - $5 per valve (minimum of 20)
- Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers - $43 per station
- Rotating Nozzles for Pop-up Spray Heads - $2 per nozzle
- Large Rotary Nozzles - $13 per set (minimum 8 sets - 2 each - per site)
- In-stem Flow Regulators - $1 per regulator
- Soil Moisture Sensor Systems - $35 per irrigation controller station
- Turf Removal -
Turf Removal Rebate Funds Exhausted. Turf removal rebates are now only available in some areas. Check the www.socalwatersmart.com for more information.
- Connectionless Food Steamers - $485 per compartment
- Air-cooled Ice Machines - $1000
- Laminar Flow Restrictors - $10 per restrictor (minimum of 10)
- Cooling Tower Conductivity Controllers - $625
- Cooling Tower ph Controllers - $1,750
- Dry Vacuum Pumps - $125 per 0.5 HP
Click here to see water savings associated with some of the devices listed above. For more information and online application visit www.socalwatersmart.com or call 888-376-3314.
- Public Agency Landscape Program - www.socalwatersmart.com
- Water Savings Incentive Program - http://bewaterwise.com/water-savings-incentive-program.html
- Landscape Irrigation Survey - http://bewaterwise.com/landscape-irrigation-survey.html
- Large Landscape Program - Have you had water usage in the Penalty Tiers 3 and/or 4? Are you wondering how you can possibly lower your water bill? Don’t have the upfront cash? In an effort to help avoid up-front and out-of-pocket expenses, EMWD is offering two programs to help:
- Voucher Program - EMWD will provide a voucher to qualifying customers in the amount of up to $2.00 for High Efficiency Nozzles and/or up to $35.00 per station for a Weather-based Irrigation Controller. Products for this program must be on the qualifying lists located at www.socalwatersmart.com. Vouchers will be redeemable by the customer at participating irrigation supply stores. Tax and any equipment costs that exceed the approved voucher amount will be paid by the customer directly to the irrigation supply store. For more information, please contact us at (951) 928-3777, ext. 3322.
- Toro Nozzle Direct Install Program - EMWD's vendor will directly install Toro Precision Nozzles – FREE of CHARGE. For more information, please contact us at (951) 928-3777, ext. 3322.
(PROGRAM ENDS JANUARY 1, 2017)