Sky Canyon Sewer Project
Located on Sky Canyon Drive from Borel Road to Murrieta Hot Springs Road and along Winchester Road.
Project Description: The project will install approximately 6,670 linear feet of 36-inch diameter sewer pipeline. The pipeline route is planned along Sky Canyon Drive from Borel Road to Murrieta Hot Springs Road and along Winchester Road in the unincorporated area of Murrieta, located in Riverside County.
Project Timeline: The project began construction in April 2021 and is set to finish in the Fall of 2022. Expect traffic delays and lane closures during this time.
Project Purpose: Increasing the sewer capacity to accommodate growth in French Valley.Communities that the Sky Canyon Sewer Project will serve
- As of September 13, 2021:
- The contractor will be working on the final paving and overlay starting on Sky Canyon Drive and moving north towards Technology Drive on September 14, 2021. The work is anticipated to last two days at the most.
- Following that work, crews will continue working on Sky Canyon Drive for the remainder of the month to complete final housekeeping items.
- Traffic control will remain on Sky Canyon Drive for the next several weeks.
- Crews have successfully completed the bigger work at the major intersections
- Construction has moved north cutting in front of Borel Road and will continue parallel to Winchester Road.
- Traffic control is set in coordination with the County of Riverside; this includes lane closures.
- All businesses remains open; however, expect traffic delays.
Public Affairs Officer
951-928-3777, ext. 4370