- Day 1: Bill mailed
- Day 21: Bill due
- Day 26: $25 past due fee assessed; past due notice mailed
- Day 35: Final Notice mailed; customer has 10 days to make proper payment to avoid shut off
- Day 40: Automated phone call reminder of pending shut off if proper payment isn't received
- Day 45: Water service is scheduled for shut off due to non-payment
- Customers will need to pay full past due balance, plus a $55 reconnection fee, and will have a new deposit amount assessed to the account.
- Day 50: Account closed for non-payment; deposit applied to balance (if applicable); outstanding balance reported to collections
Sewer only accounts:
Property owners were notified in June 2015 that annual charges for sewer accounts which are not connected to the EMWD water system (also called sewer only accounts) would be placed on the property tax roll instead of billed monthly. The assessment that will appear on the tax bill is equivalent to one year of sewer charges.
For questions about your bill, please contact our Customer Service Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 951-928-3777.