Skip to main content Skip to site navigation

Pumping Groundwater


Sections 4999-5008 of the California Water Code provide for the reporting of groundwater extractions. You must report the amount of groundwater you pump from your well if:

  • You pump more than 25 acre feet per year, and
  • Your well is located in Riverside, San Bernardino, Los Angeles or Ventura County.

For more information or to request the proper forms for filing an Annual Recordation Notice, please contact:

State of California 
State Water Resources Control Board 
Division of Water Rights 
PO Box 2000 
Sacramento, CA 95812-2000