Pettit Regulated Pressure Zone Project
Project Description: The project will install four pressure regulating stations, pipeline, and interconnections within the following boundaries: north of Cactus Avenue and south of Cottonwood Avenue, and between Heacock Avenue and Lasselle Street, to improve water flows and pressure for over 2,000 customers in the Moreno Valley area.
Project Location: The project consists of several components in the following areas:
- Four (4) Pressure Regulated Stations
- Off of Heacock Street, immediately south of Alessandro Boulevard
- Corner of Indian Street and Alessandro Boulevard
- Corner of Lasselle Street and Alessandro Boulevard
- Corner of Lasselle Street and Cactus Avenue
- Two (2) 12-inch Pipelines
- Along Perris Boulevard south of Alessandro Boulevard
- Along Lasselle Street north of Alessandro Boulevard
- Series of pressure zone pipe interconnections located along Cactus Avenue; and, on the corner of Brodiaea Avenue and Perris Boulevard
- Series of Valve Closures at or near Cactus Avenue
Project Timeline: The project is set to begin construction in the Summer of 2022 and is set to finish in the Spring of 2023. Please note that the construction timelines are rough estimates as the industry continues to work through supply chain issues. Throughout construction, the community can expect traffic delays and temporary water system interruptions happening intermittently.
Project Purpose: The proposed modifications will improve pressures, water flow, and accommodate new development.
As of November 1, 2022:
Crews are working on Kitching Street and Cactus Avenue for the week of October 31st thru November 4th. Work is anticipated to last here for the entire week. Working hours are from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. with traffic control set-up beginning as early as 8:00 a.m.
- This portion of the project requires work with water valves, which will require EMWD crews to set-up temporary cones in the public right-of-way before 8:00 a.m. when official traffic control is set-up.
- Crews also continue working on project activities along Cactus Avenue between Heacock Street and Victor Avenue. Work is anticipated to continue on Cactus Avenue for the next several weeks.
- Activities will require temporary traffic control set-up which may include lane closures, side-street closures, traffic flaggers, delays, and detours.
Communities that the Pettit Regulation Pressure Zone Project will serve (centered and dashed)
Public Affairs Officer
951-928-3777, ext. 4370