Kalmia Tank Interior Recoating Project
Project Description: The project consists of conducting preventative maintenance in and outside of this existing facility.
Project Location: 25545 Kalmia Ave. Moreno Valley, CA 92557
Project Timeline: The project is currently under construction and is set to finish between Spring and Summer 2022. Expect increased noise, dust and vibrations coming from the project site.
Update as of May 10, 2022:
- Crews continue working on maintenance work, with intermittent work happening inside of the water tank and work happening outside of the tank as well.
- Crews continue to mitigate noise levels and dust mitigation measures around the site as well as other community impacts as best as possible.
- The community may also notice work being completed intermittently as weather conditions fluctuate (i.e. rain days = limited work on-site).
- The community can expect Saturday work intermittently from 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. in order to complete final items in line with the target completion date.
- Crews anticipate the majority of the work to be completed by June 2022.
- In the coming weeks, the community can also expect activities to occur along Kalmia Avenue between Kayal Avenue and Lasselle Street.
- Activities will require traffic control to be set-up from Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and should take no longer than a week.
- These activities are being conducted to support design of the future Steeplechase and Kalmia Booster Pump Station that will be constructed at the Kalmia Tank site.
Public Affairs Officer
951-928-3777, ext. 4370