EMWD’s Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
EMWD is well-prepared to continue providing water, wastewater and recycled water services throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have staff, equipment and infrastructure in place to maintain all services around the clock, while incorporating remote working and social distancing to protect the health and well-being of our employees, customers, and the community.
EMWD has implemented several temporary operational measures in compliance with the Governor’s Order including:
- As of May 18, 2020, our main office lobby is open to customers for account inquiries and payments only. The lobby is limited to seven customers at a time and we do require face masks. If you do not want to enter the lobby and would prefer to drop off your payment you can do so at the payment drop off box located outside the main lobby. Lobby hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Monday – Friday. Thank you for patience as we move to reopen our lobbies safely.
- All EMWD public events have been canceled and will be rescheduled as appropriate in the future; and
- All essential EMWD business meetings are being conducted using teleconference technology and social distancing. The public is welcome to participate in public meetings from their own location by following the teleconferencing notification and instructions at the top of each published agenda
Your Tap Water is Absolutely Safe to Drink!
EMWD continues to serve clean, safe, and reliable water to our community for drinking and handwashing, which is critical to preventing the spread of COVID-19.
- COVID-19 has had no impact on the quality or supply of your tap water. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, COVID-19 is transmitted person-to-person and not through water. In addition, COVID-19 has not been detected in drinking-water supplies, per the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- EMWD continues to conduct approximately 55,000 water quality tests annually through our highly skilled staff in our State-certified laboratory to ensure high-quality tap water.
- EMWD disinfects the water before it enters the distribution system—this water treatment process removes and kills viruses, including viruses such as COVID-19, as well as other pathogens.
Please Help Keep Our Sewer System Healthy – Only Flush Toilet Paper
Please do NOT flush the paper towels, “flushable” wipes or similar items. These materials do not break down and can cause blockages and overflows in the sewer system. Please throw items into the trash instead of flushing them down the toilet.
We understand the financial hardships that our customers may experience as a result of COVID-19 and are committed to working in partnership with our customers throughout this process.
EMWD offers a variety of options to customers needing assistance including flexible payment arrangements, due date adjustments, late fee waivers, and more. In addition, EMWD is not shutting off water services due to non-payment during this time.
We encourage customers to contact our Customer Service Department at 800-426-3693 to discuss their individual account situation.
Connect with EMWD
We encourage the public to interact with us online, or by email or phone as follows:
- Contact us via email at www.emwd.org/contact-us
- Pay your bill online at www.emwd.org/myaccount
- Use our Pay-by-Phone system at 951-383-6055
- Drop your payment in our dropbox outside our Main Office at 2270 Trumble Road in Perris
- Speak with an EMWD representative by calling 1-800-426-3693
We will continue to monitor developments related to COVID-19 and will adjust our operations as needed to continue ensuring the health and safety of our customers, employees, and the community.