Cactus II Feeder Phase I – Pipeline Project
Project Description: The project will install approximately 8,100 feet of 42-inch diameter pipeline.
Project Location: The pipeline route is planned to move along the following:
- Along Cactus Avenue between Heacock Street and Indian Street
- Along Indian Street between Cactus Avenue and Alessandro Boulevard
- Along Alessandro Boulevard between Indian Street and Perris Boulevard
- Along Perris Boulevard between Alessandro Boulevard and St. Christopher Lane
Project Timeline: The project began construction in Winter 2021 and is set to finish in the Spring of 2023. Expect traffic delays and lane closures during this time.
Project Purpose: As part of a three-phase project, this project is meant to increase the water capacity to accommodate growth in the City of Moreno Valley.
Project Update (as of February 28, 2023):
- The project is 95% complete – crews have successfully completed pipe installation on the project alignment.
- In the coming weeks, crews will continue working on final project activities along the project alignment, primarily on Perris Boulevard north of Alessandro Boulevard between St. Christopher Lane and Alessandro Boulevard.
- Crews are targeting final completion by early April 2023, with final paving to follow.
- As crews continue to work on construction activities along the project alignment, temporary and intermittent traffic control set-up will be required. Access to homes and businesses remains open.
- Traffic control will remain up on Perris Boulevard for the next several weeks to complete project activities as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- With traffic control measures, the community can expect traffic impacts and delays, including lane closures, detours along the pipeline alignment and temporary closure of sidewalks and bike lanes. EMWD asks that motorists proceed the intersection with caution, and find alternate routes, if possible, for the safety of the community and the workers.
- All work is weather-permitting.
- Other updates:
Crews continue to utilize the EMWD-owned site along on Perris Boulevard, between Bay Avenue and St. Christopher Lane for construction staging; therefore, the community may see on-going activity happening at that site intermittently. Work at and in front of the EMWD-owned site along on Perris Boulevard, between Bay Avenue and St. Christopher Lane continues intermittently.
- Olive trees that were originally located along Perris Boulevard in front of the EMWD-owned site, have been relocated and continue to be monitored.
- The community can expect traffic control to be setup intermittently in front of this site for the duration of the project.
- EMWD appreciates the community’s patience and understanding as this impacts work on the project.
Project Fact Sheet - English Version
Project Fact Sheet - Spanish Version/Version en Español
Public Affairs Officer
951-928-3777, ext. 4370