Apply for EMWD Assist
EMWD Assist provides low income customers who have a signed medical certification and proof of income/enrollment in an approved program with extended payment amortization options to help them avoid discontinuation of residential water service.
Please note: EMWD Assist is not a program where customers would be billed for water at a discounted rate.
Please gather the following items BEFORE you proceed with the
BOTH items are required to qualify.
Certification of a primary care
provider that “discontinuation of residential
water service will be life threatening to, or pose a serious
threat to the health and safety of, a resident of the premises
where residential water service is provided.”
Download Medical Certificate Request Form
- Proof of income/enrollment in any of the following programs (i.e., Utility Bill notating enrollment, letter from the associated agency, etc.).
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- CalFresh (Food Stamps)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF
- CARE Program through SCE or SoCalGas
- Head Start Income Eligible – Tribal Only
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Medi-Cal for Families A & B
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
EMWD Assist Application
Please complete and submit the online application form below. If you prefer to print the form and fill it out, please download the Income Certification Form.
Once the application has been submitted, you will receive a confirmation email with a copy of your application. Within 5 business days, EMWD’s Customer Service team will follow up with you either by phone or email regarding the status of your request.