Eastern Municipal Water District
Presents an AMAZING Theater Assembly Program from
YOUR CHOICE of ONE of the following vendors
DISCOVERY CUBE, EARTHCAPADES, SHOWS THAT TEACH
EMWD provides a COMPLIMENTARY environmental assembly program for schools in our service area.
To determine if your school qualifies for an assembly please click this link:
School Assembly Details:
- EMWD is pleased to cover all program costs. There is not cost to your school!
- Performances are 40-45 minutes each.
- Separate programs are offered for grades K-2 and 3-6, and middle school audiences.
- 100 is the minimum number of students for a performance,unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Scheduling is based on a first come, first served basis, with priority given to schools who have not previously received a performance.
- Performances must take place INDOORS.
- Performances will be scheduled based on the total number of students at your school.
NEW performances each year! To view a sample performance, please click this link:
These programs address several Next Generation Science Standards and aligns with the K-8 science curriculum by teaching students about:
- The journey of water
- How water gets to our taps
- The water cycle
- Aquifers and watersheds
- Solid, liquid and gas
- How to prevent water pollution
- How to conserve water
- The California Drought
The following is a sampling of teacher comments about the Theater Assembly shows:
“Yes! Yes! My students were smiling. Very clear directions/instructions. Engaging to students and they really wanted to participate.”
“The instructors were amazing! The audience was enthralled! I couldn't believe how they could teach the subject matter and juggle at the same time.” “This was a direct extension of our curriculum. A fabulous review that promoted conservation and the reasoning behind it.”
SHOWS THAT TEACH
“I’ve been teaching school for 22 years. We get people coming in to present and the kids start nodding off. But with your show our kids were excited. Our kids were raising their hands. Our kids wanted to be a part of what you were doing. You had them moving. You owned the audience for entire time. And I know these kids walked away with something they are going to be able to use. I can’t recommend you any higher.”
How to Schedule an Assembly:
Now scheduling assembly programs for the 2018//2019/ school year. For more information about each vendor and how to schedule an assembly please your choice of the links below: