CLICK THE FOLLOWING LINK TO SUBMIT A PHOTO FOR THE WETLANDS BIRD WALK PHOTO CONTEST:
EASTERN MUNICIPAL WATER DISTRICT
is pleased to offer COMPLIMENTARY BIRD WALKS
Bird Walks Led by experienced Aububon Society Members
Joyce Schwartz and Rosedith Marx
A video overview of the Bird Walk
Join us and share the opportunity to view hundreds of ibises, egrets, blackbirds, and many other migratory and resident birds in their natural habitat.
Located on the grounds of the San Jacinto Valley Regional Water Reclamation Facility, the multi-purpose constructed wetlands “polishes” recycled water before it is distributed to nearby farms, dairies and the San Jacinto Wildlife Area for irrigation and additional environmental uses.
Reservations required for groups of five of more.
Bird Walks are held the fourth Saturday of each month (October-April), with the exception of December, which will be held on December 17, 2016.
Hemet/San Jacinto Multi-Purpose Constructed Wetlands
770 North Sanderson Avenue
San Jacinto CA 92582
8:00 AM - 10 AM
2016/2017 Tour Date Schedule:
- October 22, 2016
- November 26, 2016
- December 17, 2016 (THIRD Saturday of the month)
- January 28, 2017
- February 25, 2017
- March 25, 2017
- April 22, 2017
- This facility is not open to the public.
- Guests are only allowed admittance during the designated dates and must stay for the duration of the tour.
- Gates close at 8:05 AM.
- Tours are cancelled during inclement weather.
- Tour not recommended for children under six years of age.