EMWD’s Response to Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
EMWD is well-prepared to continue providing water, wastewater and recycled water services throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. We have staff, equipment and infrastructure in place to maintain all services around the clock, while incorporating remote working and social distancing to protect the health and well-being of our employees, customers, and the community.
- While the Governor’s order suspended shut offs and expired on December 31, 2021, it doesn’t forgive outstanding balances.
- EMWD wants to prevent customers from having unreasonable balances and avoid shut offs. Water service shut off due to non-payment resumed on March 21, 2022. Please scroll down for ways that we can help!
- EMWD temporarily suspended late fee assessments in response to COVID-19 financial impacts to customers. Late fee collections on outstanding balances resumed on September 1, 2021.
- Delinquent account balances will be collected on property tax rolls
- Please scroll down for ways that we can help!
prevention requirements in our main office lobby
- Social distancing is required
- Masks are not required if you are vaccinated
- By not wearing a mask, you are self-attesting that you are fully vaccinated.
- If you are NOT vaccinated face covering must be worn over the nose and mouth.
- If you do not want to enter the lobby and would prefer to drop off your payment you can do so at the payment drop off box located outside the main lobby
- Lobby hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.; Monday – Friday
We understand the financial hardships that our customers may experience as a result of COVID-19 and are committed to working in partnership with our customers throughout this process.
EMWD temporarily suspended late fee assessments in response to COVID-19 financial impacts to customers. Late fee collections on outstanding balances resumed September 1, 2021.
Customer Late Fee FAQs:
Customer Late Fee FAQs
EMWD also offers a variety of options to customers needing assistance including:
- Payment due date extensions
- Flexible payment arrangements
- Level Payment Program
- Help2Others Program
- Rate structure that provides lowest costs to customers who stay within their water budget
We encourage customers to contact our Customer Service Department at 800-426-3693 to discuss their individual account situation.
Connect with EMWD
We encourage the public to interact with us online, or by email or phone as follows:
- Contact us via email at www.emwd.org/contact-us
- Pay your bill online at www.emwd.org/myaccount
- Use our Pay-by-Phone system at 951-383-6055
- Drop your payment in our dropbox outside our Main Office at 2270 Trumble Road in Perris
- Speak with an EMWD representative by calling 1-800-426-3693