Medical, Dental, Life
|Current Coverage||Current Monthly Rate|
|Medical Insurance||EMWD offers several health insurance plans. District contributions cover most of the insurance premiums.||Effective 1/1/17, up to $1750.00|
|In-Lieu of Medical Insurance||Participating employees with sufficient proof of other medical insurance coverage may be entitled to biweekly reimbursement payments in lieu of District coverage.||$575.00|
|Dental Insurance||EMWD offers one dental plan, Delta Dental. Currently, the premiums are fully paid by the District.
|Vision Insurance||EMWD contracts with EyeMed and pays for employee coverage.
|Group Life Insurance||EMWD-paid life insurance is provided equal to the employee's annual salary; maximum $250,000.
||$0.34 per $1,000
|Employees may purchase additional life insurance; effective 1/1/14 this is available in increments up to a maximum of $500,000, of which the District and employee each pay half.
||$0.15 per $1,000
- Public Employment Retirement System (PERS)
- Employees hired prior to 11/4/2010 are on the 2.5% @ 55 benefit formula.The District pays 3.0% of the employee contribution and employees pay the additional 5% through payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis.
- Employees hired on or after 11/4/2010 are on the 2% @ 55 benefit formula. The District pays 2% of the employee contribution and employees pay the additional 5% through payroll deductions on a pre-tax basis.
- Employees hired on or after 01/01/2013 (if not already PERS members) are on the 2% @ 62 formula and will pay at least 50% of normal cost of pension or what is determined by CalPers to be the employee contribution rate on a pre-tax basis through payroll deductions.
- EMWD 401(a) Plan - All regular employees following the probationary period or one year of service are eligible. The District sets aside 7.15% of the employee’s first $16,500 annual earnings, up to a maximum of $1179.75 per year into the plan.
- Deferred Compensation - Employees have the option to participate in a 457 deferred compensation program.
Paid Leave Provisions
All District employees, upon their 90th day of employment, shall be eligible to use an accumulation of PTO equivalent to eight hours for each month of completed service, in accordance with the provisions of the Healthy Workplaces, Healthy Family Act of 2014 or their accrual rate based on years of service.
- Accrual Rates:
|Paid Time Off (PTO)||Approximate Hours Earned Per Year|
|0 to 4 years of service||176 hours per year|
|5 to 7 years of service||
216 hours per year
|8 years of service||223 hours per year|
|9 years of service||225 hours per year|
|10 years of service||236 hours per year|
|11 years and thereafter||256 hours per year|
- January 1 - New Year's Day
- Third Monday in January - Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- Third Monday in February - President's Day
- Last Monday in May - Memorial Day
- July 4 - Independence Day
- First Monday in September - Labor Day
- November 11 - Veterans' Day
- Fourth Thursday in November - Thanksgiving Day
- Fourth Friday in November - Day after Thanksgiving
- December 25 - Christmas Day
- Prior Approved Workdays - Two Floating Days
Other benefits include Credit Union privileges, voluntary deferred compensation and tuition assistance. When required, uniforms are provided and maintained by EMWD. Employees can purchase a variety of supplemental voluntary insurance policies through AFLAC.