- Residential Rebates
- High Efficiency Clothes Washers - $150
- Premium High Efficiency Toilets 1.06 gallons per flush (gpf) or less - $40
- Weather-Based Irrigation Controllers - $145
- Rotating Sprinkler Nozzles (minimum quantity of 30) - $2 per nozzle
- Turf Removal - Turf Removal Rebate Funds Exhausted. Turf removal rebates are now only available in some areas. Check the www.socalwatersmart.com website to find out if your city still has funds.
- Soil Moisture Sensor System - $145
- Rain Barrels (up to 2 barrels) - $75 each (effective January 1, 2017 the rebate drops to $35/barrel)
- Cistern (200-500 gallon capacity) - $200
- Cistern (501-999 gallon capacity) - $300
- Cistern (1000+ gallon capacity) - $350
- Department of Water Resources Toilet Rebate Program
- Smart Controller Direct Install Program
- FREE Residential Toro Nozzle Direct Install Program
- NEW!!! FREE Deep Drip Watering Stakes
- Free Conservation Packet
- Free* Outdoor Water Efficiency Kit
- The Gas Company's Energy Savings Assistance Program
Approval of applications will be on a first-come-first serve basis and subject to funding availability. Submittal of a reservation request or application does not guarantee approval or payment.
Due to the popularity of the program and heightened interest from the Governor's drought declaration in early April, call wait times for the Customer Service line and rebate processing times have increased. This is a temporary situation as staff are added to accommodate these changes and complete rebates and payments in a timely manner.
For more information and online application log onto: www.socalwatersmart.com. Make sure you read the complete program guidelines, terms & conditions before submitting your rebate. Log onto www.socalwatersmart.com periodically to check for any important changes to the program, such as: qualifying devices, rebate amounts, guidelines, terms and conditions or call 1-888-376-3314.
Reduce water use and improve irrigation efficiency by replacing your old sprinkler nozzles with Toro Precision sprinkler nozzles! Toro Precision nozzles are an efficient spray nozzle designed to help customers manage water use, eliminate runoff, and reduce water bills when properly programmed with their controller. These nozzles have an H2O chip that generates a larger, more uniform droplet size resulting in consistency across the irrigated arc.
EMWD is offering a FREE Residential Toro Nozzle Direct Install Program for qualified residential customers.
- Program is available to all residential customers directly served by EMWD that meet specific qualification requirements.
- Pre-inspection is required to verify customer’s irrigation system is functioning.
- Customers participating in this program will not be eligible for rotating sprinkler nozzle rebates through EMWD or the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD).
How to apply:
Simply download your application, and then submit completed application by mail, fax or email.
Mail: EMWD, Attn: Conservation Department, P.O. Box 8300, Perris, CA 92572-8300
Fax: (951) 928-6120
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our Conservation Department at(951) 928-3777 ext. 3322 or email RTNDIProgram@emwd.org
Phase III Smart Controller Direct Install Program
Save WATER and MONEY by replacing your old irrigation controller with a new Weather-Based Irrigation Controller. Smart controllers automatically adjust your irrigation schedule to account for changing weather, as well as plant and soil types. These smart controllers can save up to 13,500 gallons of water per year when properly programmed!
EMWD is offering a share-of-cost Smart Controller Direct Install Program for qualified customers.
- Open to all EMWD residential customers that meet specific qualification requirements.
- Requires a participation fee that may be paid in 36 monthly installments added to the customer’s water bill.
- Customers who participate in this program will not be eligible for weather-based irrigation controller rebates through EMWD or the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California (MWD).
For full program description, please click here. This program utilizes conservation program funding from MWD when available. For program application, please click here. If you have any questions about this program, please contact our Conservation Department at 951-928-3777 ext. 3322 or email email@example.com.
EMWD offers a free Conservation Packet to all customers who request one. This informative packet is packed with water-saving ideas, tips, and techniques. Click here to request a free conservation information packet. Please include your full name, telephone number and address in your message. If possible, also provide your EMWD account number.
Free* Outdoor Water Efficiency Kit
An Outdoor Water Efficiency Kit is free to qualified** EMWD residential customers.
The Kit includes the following:
- 5 Rain gauges to measure your irrigation efficiency
- Hose End Repair Kit
- Drip counter (measures how many gallons are lost due to a small drip/leak)
- 7 Pattern Water Savings Hose Nozzle
- Aerial photo & measurement of your irrigated landscape area
- How to use this kit brochure
- Irrigation worksheet
- Return envelope
Use your 5 rain gauges to measure your irrigation precipitation rate, fill out the irrigation worksheet, mail it back to us within 30 days and we will mail you a personalized irrigation schedule.
**The following conditions must apply In order for a customer to be eligible for a free Outdoor Water Efficiency Kit: 1) Customer is NOT staying within their water budget and is paying charges in the "Excessive" and "Wasteful" tiers. 2) Customer has verified that the landscape square footage and correct number of people in the home is accurate or has completed a variance.
(Limited Number of kits available – First-Come, First-Serve until all kits is expended)
For more information, or to have a kit mailed to you, please call (951) 928-3777 ext. 3322.
*If you return your completed “Irrigation Worksheet” within 30 days of receiving your kit, you will be entered into a monthly drawing for a $25 Gift Card.
EMWD is partnering with the Southern California Gas Company’s Energy Savings Assistance Program to provide income-qualified renters and homeowners with easy, no-cost solutions to help reduce energy use and save money on their monthly bills…including water bills.
With the Energy Savings Assistance Program, customers may be eligible for home improvements such as weather-stripping, caulking, faucet aerators, low-flow showerheads, window repair, attic insulation, high-efficiency washers, and more.
Customers can learn more about the Energy Savings Assistance Program by visiting The Gas Company’s website, socalgas.com/assistance, or call toll-free at (800) 427-2200 or (800) 342-4545 in Spanish.
To learn how to conserve energy at home, customers can visit socalgas.com/energyefficiency.