Medical, Dental, Life
||Current Monthly Rate
||EMWD offers several health insurance plans. District contributions cover most of the insurance premiums.
||Effective 1/1/14, up to $1567.25
|In-Lieu of Medical Insurance
||Participating employees with sufficient proof of other medical insurance coverage may be entitled to biweekly reimbursement payments in lieu of District coverage.
||EMWD offers one dental plan, Delta Dental. Currently, the premiums are fully paid by the District.
||EMWD contracts with EyeMed and pays for employee coverage.
|Group Life Insurance
||EMWD-paid life insurance is provided equal to the employee's annual salary; maximum $250,000.
|$0.34 per $1,000
||Employees may purchase additional life insurance; effective 1/1/14 this is available in increments up to a maximum of $500,000, of which the District and employee each pay half.
|$0.15 per $1,000
- Public Employment Retirement System (PERS) - The PERS benefit formula is 2.5% @ 55 for employees hired prior to 11/4/2010. The District pays 6.5% of the employee contribution and employees pay the additional 1.5% through payroll deductions. Employees hired on or after 11/4/2010 are on the 2% @ 55 benefit formula. The District pays 3% of the employee contribution and employees pay the additional 4% through payroll deductions. Employees hired on or after 01/01/2013 (if not already PERS members) will be on the 2% @ 62 formula and will pay 6.25% through payroll deductions.
- EMWD 401(a) Plan - All regular employees following the probationary period or one year of service are eligible. The District sets aside 7.15% of the employee’s first $16,500 annual earnings, up to a maximum of $1179.75 per year into the plan.
- Deferred Compensation - Employees have the option to participate in a 457 deferred compensation program.
Paid Leave Provisions - Sick Leave 96 hours annually
- 1 to 5 years of service-- 80 hours per year
- 6 to 10 years of service-- 120 hours per year
- 10 to 11 years of service--128 hours per year
- 11 to 12 years of service--136 hours per year
- 12 to 13 years of service--144 hours per year
- 13 to 14 years of service--152 hours per year
- 14 years and thereafter-- 160 hours per year
- New Year's Day
- Presidents Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving day
- The day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
- Two (2) Floating Holidays
Other benefits include Credit Union privileges, voluntary deferred compensation and tuition assistance. When required, uniforms are provided and maintained by EMWD. Employees can purchase a variety of supplemental voluntary insurance policies through AFLAC.