EMWD Division 3: Cities of Hemet and San Jacinto and the unincorporated areas of Valle Vista, Little Valley areas, Cactus Valley, Soboba Hot Springs, and Garner Valley.
A fifth-generation San Jacinto native, Mr. Record has been active in the water industry for more than 12 years. He was first elected to the EMWD board effective Jan. 8, 2001, and has been successfully reelected since. Mr. Record’s current term runs to January 2017.
Beginning January 2003, Mr. Record has represented EMWD on the MWD board and is currently its First Vice Chair. He also represents MWD on the Southern California Leadership Council where, among other California leaders, he helps establish water policy.
In December 2007, Mr. Record was appointed to the ACWA board as chair of the Federal Affairs Committee, and in December 2011, he was elected President. Mr. Record is co-chair of the Statewide Water Action Plan, a group convened by ACWA to plan for California’s water future. The group includes participation of water interests around the state, as well as active participation from the Department of Water Resources. ACWA is an industry association representing some 450 agencies responsible for approximately 90 percent of the water delivered in California.
Other roles in which Mr. Record represents EMWD include:
- EMWD Planning Committee, member
- Hemet/San Jacinto Groundwater Management Plan Ad Hoc Committee, member
- Rancho California Water District, liaison
- Soboba Band of Luiseño Indians Tribal Committee, liaison
- Riverside County Water Task Force, founding Chair
- Hemet San Jacinto Action Group, member and Past President
- Monday Morning Group of Western Riverside County, member and Chair of the Water Committee
Mr. Record also serves on the following committees for MWD:
- MWD Real Property and Asset Management Committee, member
- Agriculture and Business Outreach Committee, member
- Engineering and Operations Committee, member
- Legislation Committee, member
- Legal and Claims Committee, member
- Water Planning and Stewardship Committee, member
- Communications and Education Committee, member
Mr. Record's leadership in water has extended to the farming community, which he's been involved in for more than 30 years. A graduate of Cal Poly San Luis Obispo in 1976, Mr. Record holds a B.S. in agricultural management, continuing his education in irrigation management. In early September 2013, Mr. Record participated on a panel at a joint event between the California Department of Food and Agriculture and the California Water Commission.
He also serves on the board of the Bank of Hemet. He and his wife, Anne, a San Jacinto school teacher, have two grown daughters.
Phone: (951) 928-3777, ext. 4235
Mail: Eastern Municipal Water District, Attn: Board of Directors PO Box 8300, Perris, CA 92572-8300